Sunday, September 12, 2010

Lost (literally) without my iPhone

I jumped on the bike today for my first ride in the city.  I was planning a ride out to Versailles...about 35 miles round trip.  Unfortunately I didn't have web access on my iPhone (and thus no GPS/Mapping capability) so I spent an hour carefully writing out maps.  Alas, I came to a rond point that didn't show one of my streets...nobody I asked knew where the street was.  When I gave up and decided to go back I realized that the street I had arrived on was not on the rond point either (the street name had changed before I arrived at the rond point).  Ahh!!!!!

I'll try again tomorrow when my iPhone internet access is ready.  No wonder the french never go anywhere.  They can never navigate to anyplace outside of their own neighborhood!!!

1 comment:

  1. The streets in Berlin are like that too. Must be a European thing???

    Glad you made it back to your flat.

    Have fun on your next ride.

    ReplyDelete